Under gnarly weather conditions the Women’s final was the start of today’s competition. Among the 6 finalists we saw only one Swiss name, Ursina Haller, the rest of the field was all American. Arielle stole the show, throwing down a Method Air, to Frontside 540 with Stalefish Grab, into a Backside 540 Mute Grab – Frontside 720 Indy Grab, rounding it off with a Cab 900 Mute Grab; leaving leading lady Kelly Clark in second place. Kelly attempted to beat Arielle’s second run score but fell after her first trick, a Frontside 900. Ellery Hollingsworth landed her first 6Star podium spot, very satisfied with this result. Arielle’s response to her win today: “I am so stoked, it is my first 6Star title, I didn’t expect it. When we started today, the conditions were pretty hard…But I am super satisfied, I can’t believe it!”
Ayumu’s winning run consisted of a stylish and huge Method Air, into a Frontside 1080 Tail Grab – a Cab 1080 Nose Grab and Double Cork 1080 Double Grab finishing of with a Haakon Flip 720. Smooth style was certainly a winning factor. Ayumu makes everything look easy and experienced, yet it is only his second season competing on the 6Star events.
Do you have any news or videos you want to see on Aussiesnowboard.com?
Simply email us the info at AussieSnowboard@gmail.com
Powered by Facebook Comments
- FEATURE: Oakley Airbrake Goggle Review
- VIDEO: Dragon X Northern Heights Party
- VIDEO: Scotty James Red bull Spring Camp
- VIDEO: There Goes…Japan
- VIDEO: Stuck
- VIDEO: Dragon at Super Park 17
- EXCLUSIVE: Northern Heights Presented by Carlton Dry- Episode 4 Japan Powder
- EXCLUSIVE: Northern Heights Presented By Carlton Dry EPISODE 3: LOON MOUNTAIN
- VIDEO: ESS- Flux Billy Jam 2013
- FEATURE: Introducing SHRED RESCUE