Snowboarding in Australia Vs. New Zealand
Boarding in Australia and New Zealand are both excellent options. Both countries
have a decent range of resort options and plenty of support for snowboarders.
So, if you’re excited and ready to go – which is the better place, New Zealand or
Australia from June through October?
Here are some facts based on the top 5 most popular resorts in each country to help
Australia has the largest ski resort with the most boardable terrain (Perisher Blue),
to the tune of 1245 hectares, and the longest run is Thredbo’s super trail. Also
boasting the most vertical decent – 722 meters and incredible tree skiing. There’s
nothing quite like boarding through fresh powder in amongst the gum trees.
New Zealand often sees less crowds, more reliable snowfall, cheap lift tickets and
gear hire and of course one can’t forget the incredible heli-skiing.
If you’re looking for on-snow dining options, Australia is a better option there
are 32 restaurants in Falls Creek, and 30 more in Mount Buller. NZ has only 5 in
Cardrona, although they offer some great on-mountain catering. And Coronet Peak
has four, Treble Cone boasting just one – one of the best around, but only one. And if
you are looking for on-snow accommodation you certainly cant be Australia.
But when you talk snowboarding – nothing compares to New Zealand. Most
snowboarders from Sydney fly to New Zealand partly because it is less expensive,
less crowded and because the seasons are longer. Then there’s the incredible party
scene in Queenstown.
What’s your take? Have you been boarding on both sides of the Tasman?
Check out the infographic and leave your comments below.
by HotelClubExplore Queenstown Hotels
Do you have any news or videos you want to see on Aussiesnowboard.com?
Simply email us the info at AussieSnowboard@gmail.com
Powered by Facebook Comments
- VIDEO: ESS- Flux Billy Jam 2013
- FEATURE: Introducing SHRED RESCUE
- VIDEO: Seb Toots And Charles Reid
- EXCLUSIVE: Northern Heights Presented by Carlton Dry- Ep 2 Japan Jibbing
- VIDEO: Nate Johnstone Tignes Pow day
- EXCLUSIVE: Carlton Dry Presents NORTHERN HEIGHTS EPISODE 1- BEAR MOUNTAIN
- VIDEO: Transfer Mag At Thredbo
- EXCLUSIVE: Northern Heights- Presented by Carlton Dry- Webby’s Tree Run
- VIDEO: Joss McAlpine Season Edit
- EXCLUSIVE: Northern Heights- Presented by Carlton Dry- SLAMS